Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First Sick Doctor's Appointment

I woke up this morning with a very swollen right eye. Mommy was hoping it was just allergies and would go down, but no such luck. I ended up having to go to the doctor for the first time for a non-checkup. Mommy said she has to count her blessing that I haven't been sick enough to go to the doctor before now and even now it wasn't too serious. The doctor is treating me for a skin infection around my eye called periorbital cellulitus, which actually could have become serious if gone untreated. I have to take some yummy antibiotics twice a day for 10 days. Mommy also decided to start me on some other stuff to keep my tummy and bottom from getting too messed up. The worst thing about all of this was that I had to miss my last storytime for a while this morning. They don't have the age specific storytimes in the summer :(. Oh well, I guess I would have gotten a lot of looks if I showed up to storytime looking like this.





No comments: